- Common Issues
- Anxiety Disorders
- Confidence and self esteem
- Depression treatment
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Fears and Phobias
- Stress management
- IBS treatment
- Weight loss & Eating Habits
- Ecotherapy & Wilderness Therapy
- Life Coaching
- Pain management
- Stop Smoking
- Anxiety Treatments
- Online Therapy
Advanced Clinical Hypnotherapy,
NLP & Life Coaching in Manchester.
Call us: 0161 881 4333
Email us: email@example.com
Latest Blog Posts
- What Are Anxiety Disorders?
What Are Anxiety Disorders? Anxiety disorder is an...
- 10 Tips to Help You Choose a Hypnotherapist
10 Tips to Help You Choose a Hypnotherapist For Nigel...
- Insomnia and Sleep Disorders Treatment in Manchester
Insomnia and Sleep Disorders The world is an increasingly...
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
What is Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)? Generalised...
- The Psychological Benefits of Ecotherapy
The Beneficial Effects of Ecotherapy More recently...
- Juggling your way out of anxiety
All you need is your anxiety and a tennis or juggling...
- Today the Inner Changes Psychotherapy, NLP and Hypnotherapy practice in Manchester celebrates its 11th anniversary.
Today the Inner Changes Psychotherapy, NLP and Hypnotherapy...
- Stop Smoking Tips
One of the major preventable causes of heart disease...
- Psychotherapy just as effective as anti-depressants at beating symptoms of depression says new research. http://t.co/RJf4WC4mPV
- New research reveals that many people suffer from a 'late life crisis:' doubting self-worth, & becoming depressed. http://t.co/5xy9ljWOJp
- @HardyProductio1 Thanks for the #ff. Have a great weekend.
- RT @2getherTrust: People with depression are more likely to smoke than those without. They may also need more support to quit #nosmokingday
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) / NLP Manchester
NLP is Neuro-Linguistic Programming. You should think of NLP as an owner’s manual for the brain. It is the science of how the brain codes learning and experience. This coding affects all communication and behaviour. It affects how you learn and how you perceive the world around you. It is a key to reaching goals and achieving excellence.
The ‘Neuro’ part of NLP acknowledges the fundamental idea that all behaviour stems from our neurological processes of sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste and feeling. We experience the world through our five senses, making sense of the information and then acting on it. The ‘Linguistic’ part of the title indicates that we use language and other non-verbal communication to order our thoughts and behaviour and to communicate with others. The ‘Programming’ refers to ways we can choose to organise our ideas, our sequences of repetitive behaviour and actions, to produce results. So NLP explores the relationship between how we think (Neuro), how we communicate (Linguistic) and our patterns of behaviour (Programming).
Although well-grounded in psychological theory and research, NLP is first and foremost about action rather than theory. It deals with the structure of subjective experience, how we organise what we see, hear and feel and how we edit and filter the outside world through our senses. NLP is a model of communication that focuses on identifying and using patterns of thought that influence a person’s behaviour as a means of improving the quality and effectiveness of their lives.
NLP is an effective proven vehicle for accelerated human change, radically altering the ‘old way’ of lengthy psychotherapy.
So what does that mean?
Well, it means that by knowing how your brain works you can change it so that is always working for you and improving your life and the lives of those around you.
Who uses this stuff?
People from all walks of life use NLP personally and professionally. Often called the “Psychology of excellence” NLP is used for a multitude of reasons. For example:
Individuals using NLP Life Coaching will find it easier to achieve their goals, overcome their problems and develop new skills, because they gain greater access to their internal resources.
Businesses can utilise NLP Coaching to greatly improve their sales and customer service as well as interpersonal management skills.
Educators can learn how each child learns best by studying the verbal and nonverbal language of a child. Education is communication of knowledge and experience through which one can retain the knowledge. NLP is used to strengthen communication skills of educators so that each student gains the most in the shortest amount of time.
Counsellors and Psychotherapists can help clients make lasting changes quickly and with lasting results. In a day and age when long drawn out therapies with limited results is the norm, NLP provides a fast and highly effective alternative.
Medical and Dental Professionals can eliminate patients’ fears and anxieties about procedures. Along with the use of hypnosis to eliminate any possible pain the client may be anticipating.
Athletes can utilize NLP techniques to improve performance and concentration as well as mastering the skills they need to excel.
Actors & Performers can utilize NLP techniques in auditions and casting calls to get jobs. During performances NLP can assist in memorizing lines as well unifying the performer with the character or image they are presenting for a more powerful performance.
So, what are the personal benefits?
On the personal side, NLP Life Coaching will enable you to:
- Achieve your goals!
- Improve relationships and communication!
- Get out of a rut!
- Control you own internal mental states!
- Create powerful new internal states!
- Align your internal resources for maximum enjoyment!
- Communicate quickly and effectively!
- Make your life more fun than you could have ever imagined!
In short, you will find it easier to achieve your personal and professional goals, because you’ll gain greater access to your internal resources, remove obstacles that have been holding you back as well as have more fun while doing it.
NLP started in the early seventies from the collaboration of Dr John Grinder, an Assistant Professor of linguistics at the University of California, Santa Cruz and Richard Bandler, a computer scientist and Gestalt therapist. Together they produced a linguistic model that identified the language patterns of a few gifted individuals such as the world-famous hypnotherapist, Milton Erickson, MD, Fritz Perls, of Gestalt therapy, anthropologist Gregory Bateson and Virginia Satir of family systems therapy. The synthesis of their findings, a blend of cognitive and behavioural science, resulted in the technology known as Neuro Linguistic Programming. In the 30+ years since it was first developed, NLP has grown, changed and expanded, and it continues to do so today. It has given rise to a trail of techniques that can be used both personally and professionally. They are used internationally in fields such as therapy, sports, business, sales, education and self-development.
The Presuppositions of NLP
- The ability to change the process by which we experience reality is more often valuable than changing the content of our experience of reality.
- The meaning of the communication is the response you get.
- All distinctions human beings are able to make concerning our environment and our behavior can be usefully represented through the visual, auditory, kinesthetic, olfactory, and gustatory senses.
- The resources an individual needs in order to effect a change are already within them.
- The map is not the territory. In other words our perceptions of the world around us are not necessarily what are happening in reality.
- The positive worth of the individual is held constant, while the value and appropriateness of internal and/or external behaviour is questioned.
- There is a positive intention motivating every behaviour, and a context in which every behaviour has value.
- Feedback vs. Failure – All results and behaviours are achievements, whether they are desired outcomes for a given task/context, or not.
If you are looking for an NLP Therapist in Manchester area or online, who goes beyond the simple repetition of NLP techniques then contact Nigel on 0161 881 4333 now, or use the contact form.
Nigel Magowan is an accredited psychotherapist who has also undergone extensive NLP based Psychotherapy training lasting several years. He also holds two NLP Master Practitioner certificates, an NLP Coaching certificate and an NLP Practitioner certificate. He is a highly experienced NLP Therapist, with almost ten thousand of hours real experience of using NLP in a therapeutic environment.